Six Steps to an Organized Pantry
The pantry is a room in the kitchen where food, dry goods, beverages, and cleaning supplies are stored. You might think that it is easy to keep a small closet organized; however, pantries can be an intimidating part of the kitchen. Below are six steps to keep an organized pantry.
- Start Fresh- Start by emptying your pantry and placing everything on the counter so you can see what ingredients, spices, and goods you have,
- Clean- I suggest using a Clorox wipe and wiping down the shelves to clean up dust or crumbs.
- No hoarding-Make sure you take the time to double-check expiration dates and throw away anything expired, stale, or items you will not use.
- Categorize- I prefer to organize and separate on the counter. There are many ways you can categorize your pantry. You can separate canned goods, dry goods, snacks, baking ingredients, etc.). I categorize mine by type of food. For example, ingredients that I would use to make an Italian dish go together. Same for an Asian dish and Mexican dish.
- Bring in the containers- I see people use baskets to separate items. I personally like dividers. I find it annoying to remove an entire basket and sort through it. However, it is your kitchen, your rules. I also suggest using containers to put flour, sugar, yeast, etc. to consolidate.
- Convenience is the Goal- Make sure your essentials are eye level. You can start by labeling each basket to make finding ingredients easy. Next, write down anything you are almost out of to know what you need to purchase at the grocery store.
Thanks for reading six steps to an organized pantry.
Reach out to 504-782-6105 to find your home with the perfect pantry.
Homes for Sale in New Orleans
[showcaseidx_hotsheet name=”Superior Grill Sale”]
Homes for Rent in New Orleans
[showcaseidx_hotsheet name=”Superior Grill Rent”]